01 Feb 7 Things You Should Know About Vacation Rental Cleaning
Managing a vacation rental means taking care of many things. Keeping it clean and making it look in its pristine condition at all times is a challenge and not everyone can manage that. Professional vacation rental cleaning is an important step in this direction. Even when you hire a service, there are many things that you should know about your keeping your property clean. We at Maid Pure Cleaningprovide professional Maid Service throughout Mt. Pleasant, SC and the surrounding areas. Here are 7 things that we want you to know aboutachieving the desired results for your vacation rental.
1. Importance of Prioritizing
When it comes to vacation rental cleaning, you should prioritizewhat should be cleanedfirst. There is a simple rule to it –start cleaning from the things your guests will see the first. Start from the outsideand make sure the property has an impeccable curb appeal. On the inside, all the basics should be covered including the floor and other surfaces.
2. Hire a Maid Service
Cleaning your vacation rental yourself can be a daunting task. It is in everyone’s best interests if you hire the services of professional cleaning service – a Maid Servicewill be the best option. And when you hire them, make sure to interact directly with them, expressing your concerns. Lay more emphasis on the following points:
- Areas that need special attention
- The way the furniture should be left after cleaning
- What each cupboard should contain
Make sure to clear all the doubts and explain the specifics about the cleaning before they start their services.
3. Keep the Place Fresh
It is not just enough to keep your vacation rental property clean, it should also have fresh air all the time. Again, this is a point that can best be addressed by hiring the services of a Maid Service. You will certainly air out your home, but it is recommended to let the professionals take care of the steps to keep your home smelling fresh all the time.
For example, certain vacation rental cleaning services use organic solutions to keep your home feeling fresh and rejuvenating. This includes:
- Burning essential oils
- Leaving organic treats atop the pillows
- Using organic products to freshen furniture, couches, and rugs
However, the use of bleach should be completely avoided because it can damage rugs and other items and gives off an industrial smell.
4. CleaningProcess Should Always Go Unnoticed
The art of winning your guests’ heartsis to provide them with clean and pleasant smellingrooms without them ever seeing the cleaning process. They should always find the place in immaculate condition. Let them never think of or notice the cleaning process. This is something only a professional service can achieve–taking care of the cleaning process when the rooms are unoccupied, to create a sense of magic in the minds of guests.
5. Use Natural Cleaning Solutions
There are many eco-friendly and safe cleaning-related steps that can be taken to protect the environment and make your guests feel better.
- Hire the services of a vacation rental cleaning company that uses only green and natural cleaning products that don’t pollute water or ground.
- Place trash cans with separators for different types of trash, including the materials that can be recycled.
It is recommended to check whether the cleaning products and disinfectantsthey use are approved by the EPA. The products should be safe for both the environmentand your guests.
6. Twice-a-Year Deep Cleaning
It is recommended to carry out a cleaning and maintenance check of your vacation rental at the beginning or end of every high season. Some of the steps you should take in this regard include:
- Shampoo or steam cleaning the carpets and rugs
- Clean out all the cabinets and drawersin the kitchen
- Wash all the window treatments
- Clear all the vents
- Remove and clean all the light fixtures
- Clean all the nooks and crannies
- Clean the areas behind all the major appliances
Most bathroom cleaning requirements are taken care of as part of routine cleanings. Post guest check-outs typically include:
- Mirror wiping
- Toilet scrubbing
- Shower cleaning
- Supply replenishments
However, there are certain tasks that requiremore time and are outside the purview of the regular cleaning process.They should be taken care of during the deep cleaning process, at least twice a year.
7. Prepare Your Property for Periods of Vacancy
There will be periods when your home will remain vacant. This can be for a few days or few weeks. Make sure to prepare your property for these periods of time. This will help you save work when the demand increases. This can include:
- Washing and replacing all the bedding, linens, and towels, or
- Leaving all the beds without bedding
- Emptyingthe refrigerator
- Unplugging the electrical items
These are some of the most important tips to help you with achieving optimal results with vacation rental cleaning. For more information and professional services, feel free to give us a call at 843-284-8272.