01 Apr 7 Things You Should Know About Vacation Rental Cleaning
Managing a vacation rental means taking care of many things. Keeping it clean and making it look in its pristine condition at all times is a challenge, and not everyone can manage that. Professional vacation rental cleaning is an important step in this direction. Even when you hire a service, there are many things that you should know about your keeping your property clean. We at Maid Pure Cleaning provide professional Maid Service throughout Mt. Pleasant, SC, and the surrounding areas. Here are 7 things we want you to know about achieving the desired results for your vacation rental.
1. Importance of Prioritizing
When it comes to vacation rental cleaning, you should prioritize what should be cleaned first. There is a simple rule to it â€“start cleaning from the things your guests will see first. Start from the outside and make sure the property has impeccable curb appeal. All the basics should be covered inside, including the floor and other surfaces.
2. Hire a Maid Service
Cleaning your vacation rental yourself can be a daunting task. Hiring a professional cleaning service is in everyoneâ€™s best interests â€“ a Maid Service will be the best option. And when you hire them, make sure to interact directly with them, expressing your concerns. Lay more emphasis on the following points:
- Areas that need special attention
- The way the furniture should be left after cleaning
- What should each cupboard contain
Ensure to clear all the doubts and explain the specifics about the cleaning before they start their services.
3. Keep Your Place Fresh
It is not just enough to keep your vacation rental property clean; it should also have fresh air all the time. Again, this is a point that can best be addressed by hiring the services of a Maid Service. You will certainly air out your home, but it is recommended to let the professionals take care of the steps to keep your home smelling fresh all the time.
For example, certain vacation rental cleaning services use organic solutions to keep your home fresh and rejuvenating. This includes:
- Burning essential oils
- Leaving organic treats atop the pillows
- Using organic products to freshen furniture, couches, and rugs
However, bleach should be completely avoided because it can damage rugs and other items and gives off an industrial smell.
4. The Cleaning Process Should Always Go Unnoticed
The art of winning your guestsâ€™ hearts provides them with a clean and pleasant-smelling room without them ever seeing the cleaning process. They should always find a place in immaculate conditions. Let them never think of or notice the cleaning process. Only a professional service can achieve thisâ€“taking care of the cleaning process when the rooms are unoccupied to create a sense of magic in guests’ minds.
5. Use Natural Cleaning Solutions
Many eco-friendly and safe cleaning-related steps can be taken to protect the environment and make your guests feel better.
- Hire the services of a vacation rental cleaning company that uses only green and natural cleaning products that donâ€™t pollute water or the ground.
- Place trash cans with separators for different types of trash, including materials that can be recycled.
It is recommended to check whether the EPA approves the cleaning products and disinfectants they use. The products should be safe for both the environment and your guests.
6. Twice-a-Year Deep Cleaning
It is recommended to carry out a cleaning and maintenance check of your vacation rental at the beginning or end of every high season. Some of the steps you should take in this regard include the following:
- Shampoo or steam clean the carpets and rugs
- Clean out all the cabinets and drawers in the kitchen
- Wash all the window treatments
- Clear all the vents
- Remove and clean all the light fixtures
- Clean all the nooks and crannies
- Clean the areas behind all the major appliances
Most bathroom cleaning requirements are taken care of as part of routine cleanings. Post-guest check-outs typically include:
- Mirror wiping
- Toilet scrubbing
- Shower cleaning
- Supply replenishments
However, certain tasks require more time and are outside the purview of the regular cleaning process. They should be taken care of during the deep cleaning process at least twice a year.
7. Prepare Your Property for Periods of Vacancy
There will be periods when your home will remain vacant. This can be for a few days or a few weeks. Make sure to prepare your property for these periods. This will help you save work when the demand increases. This can include:
- Washing and replacing all the bedding, linens, and towels, or
- Leaving all the beds without bedding
- Emptying the refrigerator
- Unplugging the electrical items